Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the sorting of Months in slicer

Hello everyone

I am using a slicer for months and it is already ordered by month number. Right now it looks like this.

month slicer.png

I used my epic paint skills to show the result that I want, which you can see below. 

month slicer this is what i need.png

Any tips on how this is done would be greatly appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
aoliver
Helper III
Helper III

Ill explain the method which I use:

In the query, I obtain the month number. Then, Ill go to modeling section, and select the field "Month", go to sort by column, and select the Month Number.

That's it, Ill hope that helps

Captura.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had done this already and my months are correctly ordered. I just want them listed left to right in stead of Top to bottom. 

So, u can create a custom set of data, and relate it with your query with this format:

1 - January

2 - April

3 - July

4 - October 

... etc

Instead of 

1 - january

2 - February 

3 - March 

4 - April 

..etc

Ill hope, that this idea will be "clear"

PD: Already made a test .pbix, i can send it to you, if you want

Cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand your solution and I greatly appreciate the effort but I do not think it would be wise to do it like this because it wouldn't allow the slicer to be responsive. For instance if I were to change from a 3x4 to a 2x6 format my months would all be in the wrong order. 

When my the design of my app is final I could perhaps implement your solution but as of right now my design is changing every hour. 

yeah, if you want to remake the size of the slicer when you want, is more difficult... I dont know if there are other solutions  😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.