Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

utsavlexmark
Helper III
Helper III

Change the display order of "Line and clustered column chart" Data

Hello,

This may be a very small issue, but unable to find the solution.

I am showing a "Line and clustered column chart" in a dashboard that is showing the data of Webinar hosted by our organization. Line and clustered column chart is showing following data:

Clustered Columns: Registration, Live Attendence and Archive(Recording) Attendence

Line: Percentage of Engament 

The chart is showing data in order of Registration Numbers, High to Low. Now the management want me to show the cart data in order of occerence date/month of those webinar. Date, Month and Year data is there in the dataset - but I am unable to sort the data.

Can someone plz help me?

Regards

Utsav

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @utsavlexmark ,

As you are using Name column as X-axis, the only option is put date column into Tooltips field then you could sort the chart by date column.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @utsavlexmark 

Without the date of occurrence presented in the chart itself, it is not possible.  What is the X axis showing currently?  Also, can you share an example of the graph (remove any confidential info just in case 🙂 ) ?

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

X axis is showing the Registration, Live Attendence and Archive(Recording) Attendence numbers and Y axis is showing Percentage of Engament.

F-1.jpg

@utsavlexmark you should be able to drag the Date of Occurrence in the "Shared Axis" field.  Once you've done that, you will be able to sort by Date of Occurrence.

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.