Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jordanpbi
Regular Visitor

Change the default value of the text size in a table, matrix

Hello,

I want to change the default value of the text size (for a matrix, table and other...), because the value by default is very small (8 px), and I do not want to change one by one whenever I create a table.

I saw this topic :

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Change-Default-Font-Size-for-Power-BI-Desktop-for-Matrix/m-p...

But the proposed solution is not really clear and simple.

The latest versions of PBI can do that easier now ?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

5 REPLIES 5
ilcaa72
Helper IV
Helper IV

totally agree, its sooo annoying that everytime you create a table the font is so small you constantly have to adjust it.  my did they pick 8??  very annoying, Tableau lets you change font size by default.  MUCH easier default customization

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Go to powerbi.tips and use their tool to generate a custom style. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

thanks Greg

1. here is the direct link, https://powerbi.tips/tools/report-theme-generator-v3/

2. just make the changes you need to overall defaults or to specific visualizations, then download the .json file. 

3. In Power BI, you then need to add the "custom report themes" functionality.  Go to Options (here is a screenshot)

4. Restart PBI and you will see the Themes button on your Home toolbar, just install the .json file and it will take effect

addTheme.png

regarding this post... i have no idea what to look for in PowerBITips.com to generate a table with default 12 font text, can you assist, or provide a direct link... thanks

Greg, is this still the only way to get a larger default text size for tables/matrix with PBI???

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.