Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the default location of Mapbox Visual

Hello Everyone, 

I need your urgent help on fixing the default location on mapbox visual in Powerbi. 

Whenever I open the Mapbox visual page, the default location of map shows me United States Country, whereas my longitude and latitude of the location in the data is Australia. As soon as I change any of the filters, it takes me to the real location of the data which is the Australia map. 

My question is, How do I change the location, so that I could see Australia map and not the US when I open the powerbi Page.

Thanks in Advance!

9 REPLIES 9
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

What do you mean by:

@Anonymous wrote:

Whenever I open the Mapbox visual page, the default location of map shows me United States Country, ...

I have made some test and when changing pages the information on the map will be focused on the country that has data.

Are you using Lat and Long or only locations? Do you have any filtering that are overwriting your selections when you change to that report page.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix 

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I am using Lon & Lat and there is no filter that I am using.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Has I refered in my tests everything is working properly, you setup the lon & lat on the categories correct? (sorry for the question)

Can you please elaborate on what is happening you say that when you open the mapbox it goes to the US, but it's when you change page, when you enter the report? do you have a bookmark related with this page?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Hey, we've got the same issue! We're using lat and long from an Australian postcodes file, no filters applied to the page and when it initially loads, it's displaying as somewhere in Europe. We don't have any data points in or near Europe and when you start interacting with page (clicking on unrelated visualisations or filters - interactions turned off), the map loads to Australia as expected. Any idea what's happening here?

Cheers,

NDA

Hi @nda_racgp ,

Can you share the file with the locations so I can make some tests, the previous test I have made were done with writing some lat and long on PBI, and everything worked properly.

Regards

Miguel Félix

@MFelix thanks for responding! I can't seem to attached any files to this thread - is there another way to share the .pbix with you?

Cheers,

NDA

Hi @nda_racgp ,

You can set the default map coordinates on the general options of the chart:

MFelix_2-1633509936586.png

Then turn on the auto zoom.

Regards

Miguel Félix

This should be marked as the solution.  Thanks Miguel!

Thanks, I know this is an old thread now, but I had the same issue and this fixed it straight away.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.