Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

s15
Helper III
Helper III

Change the data label

I have a list of people with Gender column to identify whether a person is female or male. The values are F and M. In the chart, I don't want to show F and M, but full description, such as Female, Male. Have a look at below screen. Instead of display F and M which may be hard to understand, I need to use Female and Male while values are still remained.

powerbi01.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can add a conditional column with 'Male' for M and 'Female' for F and use that column instead.

@Anonymous @Anonymous I thought about your suggestions but I think this way creates a redundant column which I don't like to manage. It would be good if I could only modify a Display View for giving more sense rather than adding a new column. Thank you

@s15,

It is not possible to directly modify the display view of detail label in pie chart, you can submit a feature request in the Power BI ideas forum.

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it seems that way, but its how you do it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Create a custom column in either Power Query or DAX that acts as a Gender label.  The DAX version would be:

Gender Display = IF(
	[Gender] = "M",
	"Male",
	"Female"
)

Now you use that display field instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.