Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hemal_kanjia
Helper I
Helper I

Change the Filter behaviour

Hello,

I have created one report and put one Filter (Item Number) in the report page.

The number of rows in "Item Number" is 200,000. So, I enabled the search in filter so that, user can easily search the item number.

Now, the problem which I am facing is when the user enters the item number (for ex. "5"), the list filters with the list of items which contains "5". 

Capture.JPG

There are too many items which contains "5" (around 5000 items). So, the user need to do scroll down to select the item.

(When we search the record, it will search like "contains the search string instead of equal to search string")

Here, we cannot select the item by entering the number and press enter (after search the item, we have to click on particular item)

And I cannot put this filter in "Filter Pane", because my report is going to publish on Web; so, the filter pane isn't display while we use the feature "Publish to web".

The item number column is "Alpha-Numeric".

I have also tried to put the custom visual filters (Smart Filter by OKViz, Text Filter, Hierarchy Slicer), but it is not working properly due to large number of records.

Your help will really appreciate and thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hemal_kanjia ,

Based on my test, it is not supported yet currently.
You can come up a new idea about that and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @hemal_kanjia ,

You can try Attribute Slicer (Custom Visual) to solve your problem.

Thanks,

Bhavankit

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for your reply.

It is also not working in "Attribute Slicer"

Capture.JPG

Thank you.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hemal_kanjia ,

To use text filter should work.

text.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hello @v-frfei-msft ,

Thank you for your reply.

I have already tried with "Text Filter", but it is not working properly.

Capture.JPG

In above screenshot, you can see that if i write "1", the item filters which contains '1', instead of it is equal to '1'.

What I want is if the user enters "1", only item number "1" should filter. (Instead of "Contains" Schema, it should filter with "Equals to" Schema.

Is there any possibility by which we can change the filter behaviour from "Contains" to "Equal to" ?

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.