Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change text on slicer buttons

Background: I have a Slicer with the following headings “Select All”, “0” and “1”.

Issue 1: The end user doesn’t know what “0” and “1” stand for.

Issue 2: The list view of the slicer takes up too much space.

1st Attempt

I created a nice toggle switch, it takes up little space, and the end user can understand when the search criteria is off or on (0 or 1).

Issue; Using a toggle switch (via bookmarks), resets current data that is being searched. You can use multiple slicers in sync with each other, but bookmarks reset slicers to the condition when the bookmark was saved.

2nd Attempt

I thought that maybe I will have to scrap the toggle switches and go back to slicers, but I need to change the 0’s and 1’s to “Off” and “On”. You can’t just right click on the slicer and change the name so I thought maybe I should try and make a measure.

Does anybody have a good idea how I can simply change the text on the slicers?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

Instead of 0 and 1 what you want to show?

Could you please share your sample file.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually not only Off or On you can change whatever you want.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How would I changed it to "On" or "Off", sorry there's probably a simple fix that I haven't thought about.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1.You have to create a column like

If ([Column]=0,"Off","On") and in slicer drag that new column.

2. There is a option in power bi "enter data". using that just manipulate what you want in slicer and put the data like that and join that table with main table.

It will helpful if you could share your sample data or file. i can show you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That works 🙂 but one worry I have is that my main data source is coming in from a server. If I edit that table and add a new column, do you think it will cause a problem next time the data is loaded?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a good question Smiley Happy.

If data is always 0 or 1 then there will be no problem. But if data is changes anything apart from 0 and then you have to change Column condition.

Regards,

Ravi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors