Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change sum in Pivot-table

Hi!

I need help in creating a measure to calculate a PnL in a Pivot Table format. I have a account hierarchy structured so that it can easily be displayed as a pivot table, however I want to change the way the top account category summarize the account values. 

I want that the top account category summarize all the accounts prior to that sum. So the sum for "Kontokategori 1 ID" 10 (Account Category in Swedish) should be all accounts in Kontokategori 1 ID=10, but the sum for Kontokategori 1 ID 11 should be the sum for all accounts in both kontokategori ID 10 and 11. The sum for account category should be the sum for all accounts in Kontokategori 1 ID 10, 11 or 13 and so on. 

I've made a column called "Kontosort" so that all accounts comes in the order they should be summarized - but I've not managed to create a calculation that can show the correct value both for sums and for individual accounts.

EDIT: Here is a file with example data

These forums have been extremly helpful with my issues before, hope that someone can help me once again.

Happy Holidays!

/P

Example Pivot Table:

Example Pivot.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for my mistake. Here is the measure I refer to the measure2.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Belopp]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[K1 ID],Table1[Date]))

From your image, it seems that you have a date column in Column field in matrix, but I cannot find the date column in your sample data.

The attachment is the sample pbix which I tested to reproduce your scenario, please have a reference.

And when you say that the sum can not be shown where the grand total is shown, do you mean the subtotals as well then? (the marked numbers in the attached pictures)?

Yes, we cannot show the measure to the position of subtotals in the matrix.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

You could create the measure with the formula below to calculate the accumulate sum based on Kontokategori 1 ID. 

Measure 2 =
CALCULATE (
    [Measure],
    FILTER (
        ALLSELECTED ( 'Table1' ),
        'Table1'[K1 ID] <= MAX ( 'Table1'[K1 ID] )
            && 'Table1'[Date] = MAX ( 'Table1'[Date] )
    )
)

Here is the output.

Capture.PNG

However, if you want to show the accumulate sum in the position which should show grandtotal in the matrix, I'm afraid that we could not do that.

Best Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Thanks for you response! But I don't get the measure to work in my model. What is the measure you refer to in the formula?

And when you say that the sum can not be shown where the grand total is shown, do you mean the subtotals as well then? (the marked numbers in the attached pictures)?

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for my mistake. Here is the measure I refer to the measure2.

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Belopp]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[K1 ID],Table1[Date]))

From your image, it seems that you have a date column in Column field in matrix, but I cannot find the date column in your sample data.

The attachment is the sample pbix which I tested to reproduce your scenario, please have a reference.

Yes, we cannot show the measure to the position of subtotals in the matrix.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.