Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rohanP
Employee
Employee

Change orientation of Power BI page tabs to vertical

Hi All,

I am using the Power BI embedded report in my web application and I am having multiple pages (bottom tabs) in my report. I want to change the page tab position from horizontal to vertical. Is there any way to change the Power BI page tabs to vertical ?

See below screenshot, something similar to this we need to implement. This is currently available in Power BI Service(app.powerbi.com), but i need this in Power Bi Embedded report. Is it possible in Power BI Embedded?

PowerBiReport.png

Regards,

Rohan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rohanP ,

You can try using bookmarks  and button instead of vertical tabs

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
dmart
Regular Visitor

@rohanP 

Did you ever figure this out?

@dmart No. There is not direct solution. 

I added tabs in every page of power BI report and provided navigation to each report page. And while embeding i have hidden the power BI page tabs (bottom page tabs). 

I know this is not perfect way but you can say it is work around. Let me know if you need any help on this.

srmv
Frequent Visitor

Hi Rohan,

I am also trying to embed PBI reports on the side navigation. Kindly share the solution for implementation?

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rohanP ,

You can try using bookmarks  and button instead of vertical tabs

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This worked! I wish they would also add a way to allow collapsing the menu by the end user (like it behaves using pbi.com) Thanks!

Thanks !! I searched a lot but finally found from the link you have shared.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rohanP , in case you have got the solution, mark it has solved.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@rohanP ,

I believe you just need to use the new look of Power BI Service (app.powerbi.com) then you'll surely get as per your screenshot attached.

Go to you PBI Service(app.powerbi.com) and click on top right black bar and switch on the "New Look" option and you'll the all page's name vertically aligned at left panel. 

Don't forget to give thumbs up 👍 and accept this as a solution if it helped you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Thanks  @Tahreem24   for reply,

But i am looking for this functionality in Power BI Embedded. Currently it is available only on Power BI Service. 

I have embedded my power bi report in web application and I want vertical tabs in report.

Regards,

Rohan

@rohanP Were you able to achieve vertical tabs for an embedded PBI report? We have a similar need- Our tabs are showing at the bottom.

@rohanP ,

Another approach is that you'll have to create vertical menu with the help of Bookmarks and Button.

Don't forget to give thumbs up 👍 and accept this as a solution if it helped you.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
rajendraongole1
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

If you can use new look in power bi services you will get the tabs in vertical mode.

it looks like as per attached snapshot.

look.png

Check and let know if it works.

Thanks  @rajendraongole1  for reply,

But i am looking for this functionality in Power BI Embedded. Currently it is available only on Power BI Service. 

I have embedded my power bi report in web application and I want vertical tabs in report.

Regards,

Rohan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.