Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change order of options on Desktop Slicer

Hi

In a simple Reort like this, how coudl I change the order of the "Account" slicer, e.g. move key account 983 to the top?

Clicer.PNG

Example at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmxJyApgEAcYgu4rR2TmBECZU7C3JQ

Thanks!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
judspud
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Anonymous 

One way i have achieved this was to add another column to the table which has the numeric order of the accounts.

I created another table using enter data and assigned values, i then merged this table with the other and sorted the original column by the new numeric order.

Hope this helps

Thanks,

George

View solution in original post

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

By my test with your pbix, it seems that the easiest way is sort the slicer Account like below.

Capture.PNG

Actually, the suggestion of HotChilli  and judspud are helpful either.

If you have solved the problem, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best  Regard,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

OK, you need to use the 'Sort by Column' functionality but you need a column in the AccountOrder table that defines that order.  I thought that was what KeyX is for.  If it is for that purpose then you need to change the data so that KeyX defines the order you want.  If KeyX is not for that purpose then add an 'Order' column.

Once you have the column (and it should be a number data type) , you select the AccountX column in the field list and Click the 'sort by column' button on the Modelling tab. You then choose the column to sort by.

This can be a little flaky sometimes when the button is not enabled or the visual needs refreshing but it will work.

10 REPLIES 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.