Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sabi

Change of financial year

Hi there

Could somebody help me to change the financial year? Our financial year starts from 1 April and ends 31 March. When we run the monthly profit and loss graph it shows like this:

Jan 18, Feb 18, Mar 18, Apr 17, May 17, Jun 17, Jul 17, Aug 17, Sep 17, Oct 17, Nov 17, Dec 17

We'd like to show it like this

Apr 17, May 17, Jun 17, Jul17, Aug 17, Oct 17, Nov 17, Dec 17, Jan 18, Feb 18, Mar 18

Can you please help?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Sabi

Please check my eariler post

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Creating-a-Fiscal-Year-amp-Fiscal-Quarter-in-a-DATE-calendar...

if you need further help let me know. If it solves your issue kindly accept this as solution and give KUDOS.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Hi CheenuSing

Sorry, I forgot to add that I am using the online PowerBI and our data is imported automatically from accounting software called Xero. Can this be done with the online PowerBI?

Thanks

@Sabi

If you are using the XERO content pack you can't normally modify the content of the template by transforming tables in the data.

It may be something that can be done in future. If you can get hold of the connector file and pbix from Xero then you may have some options to modify the prebuild content pack or use template to design your own data structures.

Xero has an API connection so you need to review that documentation to do your own transformations i believe.

Good Luck

CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Sabi

It is possble in online service also.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @Sabi

Try adding a column to your table that groups all rows with values between Apr 17 and Mar 18 with the same value (eg. "FY 17") then use the new column in a filter or axis

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.