Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change language date hierarchy field

Hello all,

Need help to change the language from a date hierarchy field.

When I created the field, my PBI Desktop was in portuguese. Than, I changed to english because the audience requires the reports in english.

Now, everytime I use this field in a slicer, for exemple, the information is in portuguese.

Have tried changing LOCAL in Edit Queries, have tried to duplicate the column, have tried to format it in excel (database).

PBI_Date_H.pngPBI_Date_S.png

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
SebastianGP
Regular Visitor

I've had the same problem for a while now as well. The problem extends to both filters and visuals (charts in this case).

SebastianGP_1-1677594143906.png

SebastianGP_0-1677594077002.png

Any solution or workaround would be much appreciated! 

estou com o mesmo problema, porém meu está em puxando para o indioma russo, eu trabalho em portugues do Brasil. Como faço para solucionar?

I've had a same problem and I found a workaround by binning the dates into bins of the size 1 month. It's very simple: in the report view, right-click on the column and select "New group" and then select bin size. Hope this resolves your issue.

casr133
Regular Visitor

Same Problem here, I'd like to hear an answer from Microsoft about this, it's very annoying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This still hasn't been fixed. I try to convert the date field using local option and the month name remains in French instead of converting to English...

v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

You may try to create the hierarchy manually: 1. Click 'New hierarchy 2. Add the columns to the hierarchy.

1.png

2.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous

You may try to install the English version from here and test again. If it is not your case, you may create a date table and use the new hierarchy as tomerfaith said in below post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Change-language-in-date-year-month-day/td-p/75731/page/2

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying.

Have already tried to install english version. 

Going to try the other solution.

Thanks

Hi @Anonymous

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark my answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here.

Regards,

Cherie

Hello, no it doesn't work.

J_Fons_0-1681739430161.png

Would it be possible just to modify the name of the hiteracy already created?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cherie,

Haven´t tried yet, but I know this is going to work. 

I was trying to avoid this solution, but will have to do it.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

Happy new year!

I thougth the solution would work, but it didn´t.

I have created a new tab with dates and column headers in english. Formatting is in english also.

I´m running Power BI in english.

But as the system creates the dates hierarchy, it creates in portuguese.

Don´t know what else I have to do to solve this problem.

image.png       image.png

Thanks

image.png         image.png

I'm facing the same situation today, October 19, 2022. Hopefully, I will find a solution. I will update it here in this thread.

Hello, Have you found any solutions to this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors