Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mjohannesson
Advocate I
Advocate I

Change from import data source to Power BI dataset

I have a report where I've imported data from some tables, created visuals and published it to the Power BI service. Any new reports I create can use this Power BI dataset and connect live to it, but I would also like to change my existing report to use the Power BI dataset instead of the imported dataset. Then I could have a separate pbix file for working with the import dataset and have all report files use the Power BI dataset. Is there any way to do this or do I have to re-create the report using the Power BI dataset? I don't know if it's relevant for this, but we have a Premium capacity.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So I believe in that situation you will need to create a new PBIX file that connects live. Then you should be able to copy and paste your visuals over and have it work. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So I believe in that situation you will need to create a new PBIX file that connects live. Then you should be able to copy and paste your visuals over and have it work. 

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.