Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Oleg222
Helper II
Helper II

Change filter value

Hi. An example of a situation - there are 2 warehouses and the table contains information only about the expense of products from one warehouse to another (for example, from warehouse 2 to warehouse 1). Need a measure for the arrival from another warehouse. It is necessary to insert the same measure for expense but forcibly change the name of the warehouse in it (put the name of the recipient). In the matrix, when choosing a warehouse in the section, there were 2 measures - an expense and an income.

Warehouses    Product       Value (expense)

warehouse1  product1  100                  
warehouse1product2110
warehouse1product3120
warehouse2product1200
warehouse2product1210
warehouse2product1220

Necessary result (Slicer by warehouse1):

Type          product1    product2     product3

expense 100           110           120      
income200210220
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Oleg222 

Is there anything wrong in your  sample? If you want to get result as above, I think there should be Product1 to 3 instead of only Product1 in your sample data in warehouse2.

I  think your sample data should looks as below.

1.png

Build an unrelated warehouses table for slicer.

Warehourse = VALUES('Table'[Warehouses])

Measures:

Expense = 
IF(ISFILTERED(Warehourse[Warehouses]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value (expense)]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Warehouses] = SELECTEDVALUE(Warehourse[Warehouses]))),BLANK())
Income = 
IF(ISFILTERED(Warehourse[Warehouses]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value (expense)]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Warehouses] <> SELECTEDVALUE(Warehourse[Warehouses]))),BLANK())

Build a Matrix and use Show on rows in value in your matrix format.

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Oleg222
Helper II
Helper II

@Pragati11,  changed description.

Hi @Oleg222 

Is there anything wrong in your  sample? If you want to get result as above, I think there should be Product1 to 3 instead of only Product1 in your sample data in warehouse2.

I  think your sample data should looks as below.

1.png

Build an unrelated warehouses table for slicer.

Warehourse = VALUES('Table'[Warehouses])

Measures:

Expense = 
IF(ISFILTERED(Warehourse[Warehouses]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value (expense)]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Warehouses] = SELECTEDVALUE(Warehourse[Warehouses]))),BLANK())
Income = 
IF(ISFILTERED(Warehourse[Warehouses]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Value (expense)]),FILTER('Table','Table'[Warehouses] <> SELECTEDVALUE(Warehourse[Warehouses]))),BLANK())

Build a Matrix and use Show on rows in value in your matrix format.

1.png

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @Oleg222 ,

Can't understand your question properly. Please go through the following article to make sure you provide all the relevant information for your query above:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.