Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

diana66
Helper I
Helper I

Change default sort by Total in Matrix

Hello,

I have the following matrix and I sorted it by the value MAT TY, but it is sorted default by the Total Column. How can I sort it by the 'Store 2' column for example? I already have the Stores in the order that I want, but I also want to sort by the value in a specific column. 

p9.PNG

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
diana66
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

Thank you all for your reply! I understand that it is not possible to order by a specific measure in Matrix. 

Would it be possible if I create a Rank? I've tried several variants, but I get only value '1' for all stores.

Thank you!

@diana66 

Ranking is, IMO one of the most tricky aspect regarding DAX.

Try this to get started 

Most of the time I get "1" for RANKX results, it's because my relationships aren't correct. Perhaps that's why it doesn't work for you.

Also, consider perhaps another visual, such as a regular table instead of your matrix, to sort the columns.

Stemar_Aubert
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @diana66 

When you hover above the chart, you would see this appearing somewhere on a corner.

CjcPZyN

Click on this, then you can select a sorting column and order as well.

Hi @Stemar_Aubert ,

Thank you for your reply. I sorted by the Value, but I can't choose the Column that I want (Store 2).

p10.PNG

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @diana66 , 

According to your description, it seems that you want to sort specific column in Matrix by measure, right? As I know, this is not available currently. I think you could post this requirement in power-bi-ideas 

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Seem like no direct option. When there is no column you can sort by clicking. But when you have a column in matrix click do not allow to sort and even if sort by sort option, it is on grand total.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.