Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jacy
Frequent Visitor

Change default font

Hi, I would like to know if there is any way to change the default font. By default comes this Segoe UI, I would like to change to ariel without having to change in each graph ...

thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Morgan_Williams
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hi @Jacy,

Thankfully this is now possible using the 'Customise Current Theme' option.

To do so, go to the ribbon and select 'View', then select the themes dropdown and select 'Customize Current Theme'. If you then go to the 'Text' section, you'll be able to change the default font family for all headers and text, including text within visuals. You can also change default color here and create your own color palette.

A few resources that might help when customizing your theme:

- Complete guide to Power BI themes

Color palette builder

Trending color palettes

Color picker

Hope that helps!

Morgan

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jacy,

Current there is no options to setting default format, perhaps you can vote below idea:

Set default visualization formats

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Xiaoxin Sheng, I have a query. It was able to make changes to json file by looking at datacard and enumerators format given by powerbi team. 

I am unable to apply code for card titles. Is there any enumerators and data cards that I can use for card title?

It is a time consuming process to apply changes to every cardTitle as I have 20 visuals to display. Any changes to one card title in terms of color and font needs to be reflected across 20 visuals. Your help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sujit

@v-shex-msft

@TomMartens

Hi @Anonymous,

Nope, it seems like you can't use custom theme to format tiles styles.(I check on document but haven't found any properties of title node)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought so. They have title for each card and in theme code they did not have title card code. Thanks Xiaoxin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Xiaoxin Sheng, I have a query. It was able to make changes to json file by looking at datacard and enumerators format given by powerbi team. 

I am unable to apply code for card titles. Below is the code which I have applied:

"card":
{"*":
{"cardTitle":[{"color":{"solid":{"color":"#FFEA00"}},"fontSize":20,"fontFamily":"Calibri, Cambria"}],
"labels":[{"show":true,"color":{"solid":{"color":"#FFB300"}},"labelPrecision":2,"fontSize":40,"fontFamily":"Calibri, Cambria"}]

}
},

Eventhough I interchange card with cardTitle, still I am unable to change it. Also, if I use cardTitle as card in one of the visuals still not able to apply. 

It is a time consuming process to apply changes to every cardTitle as I have 20 visuals to display. Any changes to one card title in terms of color and font needs to be reflected across 20 visuals. Your help will be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sujit

Anonymous
Not applicable

It can only be performed by making changes to json file which has codes for visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.