Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

laurelning
Helper I
Helper I

Change decimal places for 100% Stacked bar chart

Hi all,

I am running into a problem of changing decimal places for 100% Stacked Bar Chart. Somehow the decimal places are set to be two decimal points regardless of the placeholder for "Value decimal places". Please see the screenshoot below. Could you kindly let me know what the problem is? Is it a bug for visual? Thanks.

100%stacked bar chart question.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @laurelning 

Hoook, I changed it to 100% stacked bar chart, and set the value as %GT, not sure if I miss something additional, but modify the decimal number is still doable:

Before:

0006.PNG

After:

0007.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
fhill
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I threw some random values into a stacked bar chart, and wastn' able to reuplciate your issue.  Not sure if it's realted, but why are the X & Y Axis drop downs showing warnings?

Are you able to share your data, or a summary of it?

FOrrest

Did I answer your question, or help you along the way?
Please give Kudos or Mark as a Solution!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/forrest-hill-04480730/

Proud to give back to the community!
Thank You!

The Y axis is the statement (or item or question). The percentage is the %GT count of responses to each of 1-6 scale point. As to the warnings, they are about Axis/data label font reduced, not very helpful.

Ling

Hi @laurelning 

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible to edit the number of decimal places when using the % of Grand Total feature.

Your best option in this case is to create a DAX measure which will calculate the %. You can then select the number of decimal places to display via the modelling ribbon.

Your DAX expression should look something like this:

% Responses = 
VAR SumResponses = SUM ( Table1[Responses] )
VAR AllResponses =
CALCULATE ( 
    SUM ( Table1[Responses] ),
    ALL ( Table1[Statement] )
)
VAR Result = DIVIDE ( SumResponses, AllResponses )
RETURN Result

You'll obviosuly have to change the table and column references to suit your data model.

Best regards,

Martyn

If I answered your question, please help others by accepting it as a solution.

Good to know that it is impossible to edit the number of decimal places when using the % of Grand Total feature. Will the feature be updated in the near future?

I appreciate your reply. But the DAX formula is not applicable to my case.

Thanks.

Hi @laurelning 

I'm using the %GT in the stacked bar chart, and I can modify the decimal places in Data label of format panel, see below:

1. %GT first:

0003.PNG

2. Edit the data label:

0004.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Thanks for your reply. But it is the 100% stacked bar chart visual, not the stacked bar chart visual. The Stacked Bar Chart visual allows for an easy editing of decimal places.

Ling

Hi @laurelning 

Hoook, I changed it to 100% stacked bar chart, and set the value as %GT, not sure if I miss something additional, but modify the decimal number is still doable:

Before:

0006.PNG

After:

0007.PNG

quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft 

I've just tested and you're absolutely right, it is possible to change the precision.

It's worth pointing out that you have to click into the box and enter a number though - the up and down arrows don't work when the box says 'Auto'.

Thanks for the tip!

Best regards,

Martyn

If I answered your question, please help others by accepting it as a solution.

JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Please check your column/measure formatting in the Modelling ribon:

image.png

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks. But these percentages are the % GT count. I can’t change the formatting in the modeling ribbon.

Ling

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.