Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sarabrg
Frequent Visitor

Change data type in model and resume, but not change resume in the report.

I have a table report with some values in rows. But after create this table, I change the values data type (in this case, to number). 

I've calculated in the table report, a resume of total sales. First, when de data is not a number type, I can't see the total value. When I change on the model the data type to a number, I choose the category sum resume for the value. However, when I go back to the report, I can't see the total values calculated (sum) because the table doesn't take this resume change. Then, I have to change each column to sum resum. 

It is possible if we modify the model (for example, the column resume), these changes will also be applied to the report objects without making any more change?

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sarabrg , Not very clear. But if have already added a field to visual and then changed it, not all changes will reflect.

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Yes, this is the problem I have. I have already added a field to visual and then changed its data type (for example, from text data to number data) in the model mode. But when I go back to the report mode, the change has not been reflected. I have to delete the field, and add this another time in the table of the report. 

Most of all, If I change the field data resume from "no resume" to "sum resume" in the model mode, when I go back to the report mode, I have to delete this field, and add the same field one more time. After this, the sum resume is reflected.

We have to spend a lot of time in this situation...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.