Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change data source from SAP BW/4HANA Application Server to BW/4HANA Message Server

Hi,

In my current project, we have 3 BW/4HANA environments DEV (Application Server), TEST (Message Server) and PRODUCTION (Message Server).

I have created a PBI report using the latest version of Desktop and Implementation 2.0 via Direct Query in DEV. The report needs to be validated in TEST before deployment to PRODUCTION.

In Data Source Settings, I can only change Server, system number and client but not change the source from Application Server to Message Server. 

I have tried to publish the report and change the connection via gateway but I am unable to change in PBI service either.

Please can you help?

Thanks,

AbdulRafay

PBI Data Source Settings.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft 

The issue has not been resolved. It is because only the source can be changed and not the connector type. If I create a report based on Application Server there is no option to change it to Message Server and vice-versa.

It is best to develop using a data source as it supposed to be in the production environment. We can use this as a solution.

Regards,

@Anonymous 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

Could you please tell me whether your problem has been solved?
If it is, you can add your reply as Answered to close this thread.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-easonf-msft 

The issue has not been resolved. It is because only the source can be changed and not the connector type. If I create a report based on Application Server there is no option to change it to Message Server and vice-versa.

It is best to develop using a data source as it supposed to be in the production environment. We can use this as a solution.

Regards,

@Anonymous 

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

Data source settings can only modify some established data source credentials, but not the connector type.

It is likely that  you need to replace the connector function in the advanced editor.

But we haven't tested the source  and can't know how the two converted queries are changed in the advanced editor.

If the data sources are similar, the connector can be replaced, but the conversion  is not guaranteed. Try to backup a pbix file and convert to see if there will be an error.

Sorry we cannot provide an effective solution currently, please kindly raise it to the support team for better advice if your are a pro user.Thanks a lot!
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.