Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hamza1308
Frequent Visitor

Change count on card based on filter values.

Hi All, 

I have a card that has shows the count of all the projects. There are slicer drop downs like:

-Employee Name

-Practice (like Finance, DevOps, AppDev)

I am trying to change the count based on the filter I have choose. For example if i have no filter selected the count should be total projects. If I select an employee name the count should show the number of projects the employee worked on, similarly for practice if I select a practice the count of projects should change and only the porjects that fall under a certain practice should be counted. 

The data comes from three tables:

1. Project table (has the project related details like name, id etc.)

2. Employee table (has the employee related details)

3. Resource table (this holds different practices)

There is a 1:1 mapping with bi-directional filtering betwen Project and Employee table. 

There is a 1:* mapping with bi-directional filtering between Employee and Resource table.

No direct relationship between Resource and Project table.

Is there a way to achieve this in single card?

2 REPLIES 2
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @hamza1308 ,

In your scenario, we can use the Slicer visual to sort the -Employee Name-Practice (like Finance, DevOps, AppDev). Then when we filter data in the slicer, the data in other visual will also be filtered.

We can also create another separate table (Employee Name, Practice) which has no relationship with other table, then use all selected() function to get the selected value.

You'd better share some sample and expected result to us.

Best Regards,

Teige

So I have a visualization like this:

Capture.PNG

The slicer FirstName is coming from Employee Table. Practice is coming from Resource Table. I want to filter the count on Projct Count Card. 

@TeigeGao 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.