Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change column subtotal from average to sum

Hi. I just can't figure it out how to make one thing that looks pritty simple, but I still find it difficult to understand. 
Column values "Evening", "Morning", "Night" are averages because I have set it up in the values field. Screen attached:
01.png

Also the "Total" column is showing me the average result. But is there any possibility to change it to sum function where it would sum the "Evening", "Morning" and "Night" columns?  Or maybe there is some kind of formula, that could do it for me in the data table? Here is the screen shot of the table:

02.png

Basically I need to understand how many  workers worked totally in one day, week or month, just sum up workers of all shifts that day. 

Thank You in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous 

My reply was going to suggest writing an if statement substituting a Sum for Average if the calculation was not filtered on the row . . . but then @Greg_Deckler  dropped in the perfect reference for you before I typed up this reply.

Greg's reference shows you the basic format. All you need to do is change the calculations to fit your needs and you should be good to go.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

But I still can't find how I need to change those calculations which Greg has provided that could fit my case. 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Sure, check out Matrix Measure Total Triple Threat Rock & Roll for the technique:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Matrix-Measure-Total-Triple-Threat-Rock-amp-...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.