cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RWhiteman Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Change card label

There are no formatting options available for cards, and I can't find a way to rename them. A count is labeled "Count of some_numb". I know renaming the field will change the "some_numb", but I can't get rid of "Count of". Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
konstantinos Senior Member

Re: Change card label

You create an implicit measure by dragging a numerical field..Try create a measure based on that field..and the card will have the name of the measure - can be any name..

Konstantinos Ioannou
8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

You are in Power BI Desktop, correct?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

RWhiteman Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Yes.
ashishrj Senior Member

@RWhiteman As far I know and used Power BI, formatting options are NOT available for card and gauge visualizations. Thanks

konstantinos Senior Member

You create an implicit measure by dragging a numerical field..Try create a measure based on that field..and the card will have the name of the measure - can be any name..

Konstantinos Ioannou
Ricardo Member

when other objects can be changed, it's not logical that cards object can't be changed, in this moment we can only change the background.

great_AS Member

Hi Konstantinos,

I'm pretty new using Power BI. Could you please explain what you mean by "create a measure based on that field" ?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

great_AS Member

Hi Konstantinos,

I'm pretty new using Power BI. Could you please explain what you mean by "create a measure based on that field" ?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

satbirminhas Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI seems to have a simple way of changing card labels. I have tried this in Power BI service but it should work on Power BI Desktop too. 

The first chart below shows the original labels that are populated based on the name of the measures. Follow the steps listed below to change the labels on your chart.

1. Click your chart, and click the small triange next to the measure name on fields tab. 
  2. Click the rename button and type the new Label that you want to show on the chart.
  3. Legend label is automatically updated with the new label value.

I hope this helps!!

Step1 - Original Labels.jpgStep 1

Step 2 - Rename the fields.jpgStep 2

Step 3 - Label is changed.jpgStep 3

Best Regards,

Satbir Minhas