Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RWhiteman

Change card label

There are no formatting options available for cards, and I can't find a way to rename them. A count is labeled "Count of some_numb". I know renaming the field will change the "some_numb", but I can't get rid of "Count of". Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You create an implicit measure by dragging a numerical field..Try create a measure based on that field..and the card will have the name of the measure - can be any name..

Konstantinos Ioannou

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
satbirminhas
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI seems to have a simple way of changing card labels. I have tried this in Power BI service but it should work on Power BI Desktop too. 

The first chart below shows the original labels that are populated based on the name of the measures. Follow the steps listed below to change the labels on your chart.

1. Click your chart, and click the small triange next to the measure name on fields tab. 
  2. Click the rename button and type the new Label that you want to show on the chart.
  3. Legend label is automatically updated with the new label value.

I hope this helps!!

Step 1Step 1

Step 2Step 2

Step 3Step 3

Best Regards,

Satbir Minhas

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Power BI seems to have a simple way of changing card labels. I have tried this in Power BI service but it should work on Power BI Desktop too. 

The first chart below shows the original labels that are populated based on the name of the measures. Follow the steps listed below to change the labels on your chart.

1. Click your chart, and click the small triange next to the measure name on fields tab. 
  2. Click the rename button and type the new Label that you want to show on the chart.
  3. Legend label is automatically updated with the new label value.

I hope this helps!!"

@satbirminhas's  answer should be the accepted answer

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@RWhiteman As far I know and used Power BI, formatting options are NOT available for card and gauge visualizations. Thanks

You create an implicit measure by dragging a numerical field..Try create a measure based on that field..and the card will have the name of the measure - can be any name..

Konstantinos Ioannou
Anonymous
Not applicable

Under the Visualizations area, go to the Fields section. Click on the down arrow to the right of your field name and select "Rename for this visual." Enter your new name and hit enter.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Konstantinos,

I'm pretty new using Power BI. Could you please explain what you mean by "create a measure based on that field" ?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Konstantinos,

I'm pretty new using Power BI. Could you please explain what you mean by "create a measure based on that field" ?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Andrea,

Mesure means which can mesure your column field with some aggregrations like sum, average etc. for example you have column called "sales_ amount" in your data set. you can make a new messure as "revenue" from it and use it in further steps of your project. By this you will get label  as "revenue" in your dashboard and it will be fixed mesure, let's say if you do sum then it will be sum. you can not change mesure accidentaly as you might do with original column.

Now, to create a mesure you can just make a new table and make as many masure in that table(new masure-define masure name you want to give- and write formula for that ) and it will be easy to find and use it.

I hope you find this helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

when other objects can be changed, it's not logical that cards object can't be changed, in this moment we can only change the background.

RWhiteman

Yes.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You are in Power BI Desktop, correct?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.