Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lee-martin

Change background colour for table data

I've got a number of tables, with various results in the table.

ie yes, no, not yet, not necessary

I need to assign a colour to each (ie green for yes, red for no, amber for not yet, yellow for not necessary).

When I try and assign background colours, it's based on a count and I can only do this on numeric values. My columns are from a SharePoint List and are Choice fields. How can I assign a background colour based on these results?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lee-martin ,

1.You could use the following formula to create a measure and the apply it to Conditional Formatting:

Color Measure = SWITCH(MAX('Table'[Column1]),"yes","Green","no","Red","not yet","#FFBF00","not necessary","Yellow")

Eyelyn9_0-1633938603746.png

2. Go to Format pane-->Disable "Total" to not show total field: 

Eyelyn9_1-1633938685753.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lee-martin ,

1.You could use the following formula to create a measure and the apply it to Conditional Formatting:

Color Measure = SWITCH(MAX('Table'[Column1]),"yes","Green","no","Red","not yet","#FFBF00","not necessary","Yellow")

Eyelyn9_0-1633938603746.png

2. Go to Format pane-->Disable "Total" to not show total field: 

Eyelyn9_1-1633938685753.png

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@lee-martin , You can create a color measure with column or measure or with both. And use them in conditional formatting using field value option

Color Year = if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Year],2014) <=2016,"lightgreen",if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Year],2014)>2018,"red","yellow"))

Color = if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Year],2014) <=2016 && AVERAGE(Sales[Sales Amount])<170
,"lightgreen",if(FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[Year],2014)>2018,"red","yellow"))
Color sales = if([Sales Today] -[sales yesterday]>0,"green","red")

color =
switch ( true(),
FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[commodity],"NA") ="commodity1" && sum('Table'[Value]) >500,"lightgreen",
FIRSTNONBLANK('Table'[commodity],"NA") ="commodity2" && sum('Table'[Value]) >1000,"lightgreen",
// Add more conditions
"red"
)

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie?: https://youtu.be/RqBb5eBf_I4

I've now managed to do this with a column - however it's added a row for "total" at the bottom which I really don't need. Is that easy to remove? (it's not easy to google it)

Thanks, there's no way of doing through the interface like there is for numbers?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.