cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Change Y axis interval

Hi,

I need to change the interval of y axis. I have values from 0 to 60 to display in a line chart. With start and end set to "Auto" the axis values are 0,20,40,60. I need to have smaller intervals of 5,10,15 and so on. Fixing the start of Y axis also does not help. How can I set custom interval of any axis ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@namitsamal

If your goal is to set custom Axis interval. I'm afraid there's no workarounds. Smiley Sad

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Highlighted

@v-xjiin-msft

Thank you, do you have any work arounds in this is not supported natively by the tool ?

Highlighted

@namitsamal

If your goal is to set custom Axis interval. I'm afraid there's no workarounds. Smiley Sad

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

@v-xjiin-msft

Yes, custom axis interval is the goal. Thank you 🙂

Highlighted

One thing I've found that helps a little, is to change the X-Axis Start and End Values.  Specifically, change the X-Axis Start to .5 instead of 0.  This will sometimes give you more labels on the X-Axis than using the default.

Highlighted

One thing I've found that helps a little, is to change the X-Axis Start and End Values.  Specifically, change the X-Axis Start to .5 instead of 0.  This will sometimes give you more labels on the X-Axis than using the default.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

yeah kind of necessary, the user should be able to do this.

An alternate method can be to do graphs with R code which allows for more granular control of the the graphing details

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors