Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrbusto71 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Change Slicer Search font color?

Hey folks,

Super short version of my issue is that the font color of the Search box in Slicers is white, but it's on a white background. I just want to change the font color setting so that people can see what they've typed into the Slicer search box.

I found an old post here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-change-slicer-search-box-text-font-and-color-in-Powe... that I think is a solution for this, but the issue is I have no idea where to put that code or what a JSON file is. Before I go editing a JSON file (which, in my ignorance, sounds like something that could break everything if done wrong), is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Otherwise, is anyone willing to explain where/how to update my JSON file? Or where to even find it...

Two screenshots to demonstrate the issue I'm having:

White text on a white background

Text highlighted to show something was typed

Thanks so much, and sorry for clogging up the board with my ignorant question!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Change Slicer Search font color?

Hi mrbusto71,

Yes, you could use the json file in above link(copy the code in like, then paste it in notepad,you need to change the color code in it, save as  json file ), then you could import it by 

503.PNG

You alse could refer to Report Theme Generator V3  and Power BI Theme Templates   for more  style.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Change Slicer Search font color?

Hi mrbusto71,

Yes, you could use the json file in above link(copy the code in like, then paste it in notepad,you need to change the color code in it, save as  json file ), then you could import it by 

503.PNG

You alse could refer to Report Theme Generator V3  and Power BI Theme Templates   for more  style.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,749)