Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ketan10
Resolver I
Resolver I

Change Power BI Desktop Language

Hi 
I am currently using a Power BI Desktop (English version). I need to change the language from English to Danish.

Can somebody please lay out the steps to do this ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ketan10,

To change the language in Power BI Desktop downloaded from the download page, You may need go back to the download page and download it in a different language as @CrisYan mentioned above. 

In addition, if your Power BI Desktop is installed from the Windows Store, you may need to select a different language, and select Set as default under Windows Settings -> Time & language -> Region & language. The next time you start Power BI Desktop it will use the language you set as the default. For more details about choosing the language or locale of Power BI Desktop, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi 

You can the Power BI Desktop Language go to in power bi desktop click on file select options&Settings then options there you will find the option called Regional Settings there you can change the Power BI Desktop Language.

Regards,

Bajee. 

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ketan10,

To change the language in Power BI Desktop downloaded from the download page, You may need go back to the download page and download it in a different language as @CrisYan mentioned above. 

In addition, if your Power BI Desktop is installed from the Windows Store, you may need to select a different language, and select Set as default under Windows Settings -> Time & language -> Region & language. The next time you start Power BI Desktop it will use the language you set as the default. For more details about choosing the language or locale of Power BI Desktop, you can refer to this article. Smiley Happy

Regards

CrisYan
Resolver III
Resolver III

You need to download Pbi Desktop on your desire language from this link.

Regards!

Hello CriYan, the link you posted no longer permits to choose language. the drop down is no longer there. Is there a new page where download language can be selected? I use windons 7. Thank you.

Hi juanjoaliag, I had the same problem; since the last update of January the drop down list is no loger there (hope that could be fixed soon), nevertheless I found 2 ways to change the language:

1. From Microsoft Store: Power BI checks which languages is being used on the computer and its downloaded in this way.
2. From: https://www.microsoft.com/es-ES/download/details.aspx?id=45331

This link still has the drop down list to select the language.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.