Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Change Mgmt - Calender view (GroupBy Changes by Start Date)

My manager has asked me to create a GroupBy Column of Changes by Start Date and make it visible in a calender view so the output expected is just like a calender view in which This week or This Month or Last Month these are the changes (CHG111, CHG123, that are going to start. To give a better example the view would look like a calender and I can see that this week on 13th May 2021 in calender it shows CHG567, CHG789 visible and so on and so forth. Can you please help me. Below is the table I am working on. Can you help?

pbi.pngThe Calender view where the change numbers must be visibleThe Calender view where the change numbers must be visible

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Not very clear to me, can you share an sample table and expected output based on the table, seems you expecting a grouped date column but I am not sure how the started are grouped. However, I am pretty sure even with expected column, it is not supported in Power BI to have data displayed in a calendar visual.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

What is expected output is not very clear to me

You have a custom calendar visual

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380905?tab=Overview

Or you can use matrix visual also

Week number on row and weekday column. Will allow creating this type of view

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Amit for your reply. Im aware of the calender visual which I have already added in the visualization panel.

The expected output is I want to see all change numbers grouped by start date in a calender view.

Consider the above screeenshot of the calender and in that daywise the change numbers or IDs would be visible according to the filter selected. Just like we a have Microsoft teams calender with meetings listed on different days, months. I hope it make sense now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.