Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sathiyen
Helper I
Helper I

Change Line Chart Color based on the values

Hi I have Line chart which shows sales on each day, Now I need to differntiate the difference, 

If the sales value is lesser than the previous day (Where the line goes down) it should be in red.

If the sales value is greater than the previous day (Where the line goes up) it should be green.

Any options to do it, or is there any work around?

Thanks in Advance.

4 REPLIES 4
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sathiyen ,

It is not supported for now. To make Power BI better, you can submit your request at Power BI Ideas and vote it up.

For the workaround, I have made a test that you could create two measures to get the result below.

Last = CALCULATE(SUM('Table 1'[Sales]),FILTER(ALL('Table 1'),'Table 1'[Date] = MAX('Table 1'[Date])-1))
Current = IF(SUM('Table 1'[Sales]) < 'Table 1'[Last], SUM('Table 1'[Sales]),BLANK())

5.PNG

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Xue, 

Thanks For your effort and time.

But my requirement is different, I need to highlight on the same legend, I have found a work around for it which is working partially, will update you once I get the complete solution.

Thanks

Sathiyen

Hi @sathiyen ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved?  It is kind to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,

Xue

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xue,

I didnt get the solution, still working/searching for it. Will post if I get it for sure. There are lot of people who voted for this idea, hope Microsoft will update it soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.