Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jbrinker
Frequent Visitor

Change Gauge target value based on a slicer value

I have a Gauge visual that is used to show total amount of Sales Orders booked.  I have a slicer that allow selection of a specific Salesperson.  I would like that Gauge Target value to dynamically changes depending on which Salesperson is selected in the slicer since they all have different quotas.  Is that possible and if so, can someone point me in the direction to getting that accomplished?

Thanks in advance.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbrinker ,

Please refer to the pbix file

test.gif

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jbrinker ,

Please refer to the pbix file

test.gif

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thanks Dedmon at that was really helpful.  The issues was that the Cross filter relationship between the two tables was set to single.  Once I changed to Both it worked as expect.  Thanks again!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jbrinker , Please create a target table with Salesperson, and then it should filter. Create a target measure and use that in Visual

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-radial-gauge-charts#step-3-...

Thanks for the fast reponse @amitchandak.  Unfortunatly the Gauge Target does not change when selecting the various slicer options.  See the attached image of a very simple example.  When either of the Reps in the slicer are selected, the Gauge target always stays at $600 (sum of the Quota) instead of showing it for the Rep that is selected.  I tried to send the PBIX file but could not find a way to post attachments.      

PBI - Gauge Target.png

PBI - Gauge Target 2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.