Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deepakb18
Helper I
Helper I

Change Format of Amount based on US Number Format

Hi

I have a Amount Columns and I am showing Sum of Amount based on some logic/filters. What I am looking if Amount is like

it should come as US format of 1,111,111.00

In this case it should be

How to achive

* US Format - 1,234,567.89

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Now I got it.....

It is also based on regional setting in your laptop. Need to go and Open "Region and Langauage" and change the digit grouping.

its working now. Noting to do with input file or model.

But why it is not changing when I set Regional Setting to english-US in Power BI option.

Capture 2.PNG

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
haizman
Advocate I
Advocate I

@deepakb18, select the amount column you are trying to change and then click on the modeling tab. After that you should be able to make sure the data type is fixed decimal number and then select format: $ English (United States) under currency. See the screen shot for additional clarity.

test.png

Hi Haizman

Even after format is not getting change. it should be 2,754,830,16.00.

US format is * US Format - 1,234,567.89

Screen Shot.PNG

See the , Position it should be 1,234,567,89 format not 12,34,56,789 format

@deepakb18, it looks like you have some commas in some weird places in the detail lines, but the summary is ignoring those and summing correctly.

No, Input file have numeric value and also i have changed the format to Fixed Decimal. 

Format should be

Should be :  $ 17, 755,486.00

$ 70, 014,637.00

$ 154,635,132.00

$ 32,951,761.00

$275,484,016.00

Hi @deepakb18,

I think your issue might be related to your source file. What's the data type of this column in your source file?

I have made some test, however I didn't encounter your issue. Please refer:

The Amount column is whole number type in source file.

2.PNG

After loading it into Power BI, you can change its format in Modeling to Currency and add the Thousands separator.

3.PNG

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Now I got it.....

It is also based on regional setting in your laptop. Need to go and Open "Region and Langauage" and change the digit grouping.

its working now. Noting to do with input file or model.

But why it is not changing when I set Regional Setting to english-US in Power BI option.

Capture 2.PNG

@deepakb18, the screenshot you are showing looks like the US format for currency to me. I think you've got what you're looking for. Is there something that your screen shot shows that you do not want?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.