Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dirkkoch
Helper III
Helper III

Change Format Latitude Longitude

Hi,

after importing Geocode from Bingmaps I get the following format for longitude & latitude. 

My settings are set in German. I want to change the data to the right format, e.g. latitude 4,8366 -> 48.366 and longitude 1,0893 -> 10.893. How to do this so that it will work for all values?

dirkkoch_0-1638547553323.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @dirkkoch ,

You can transform the datatype easily in power BI. Based on your screenshot, I see that you are in the Power Query Editor in Power BI.

So what you can do is exit from Power Query editor. Just make sure to save your changes.

Then in the Power BI, just select your latitude/longitude column, something like below:

Pragati11_0-1638565638632.png

As soon as you click on your column, on the top ribbon --> under Column Tools --> Data Category --> Select the one that is appropriate for your column (latitude/longitude)

Once you select your relevant data-type like latitude/longitude, your data-type of column is modified. Like below:

Pragati11_1-1638565837878.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @dirkkoch ,

You can transform the datatype easily in power BI. Based on your screenshot, I see that you are in the Power Query Editor in Power BI.

So what you can do is exit from Power Query editor. Just make sure to save your changes.

Then in the Power BI, just select your latitude/longitude column, something like below:

Pragati11_0-1638565638632.png

As soon as you click on your column, on the top ribbon --> under Column Tools --> Data Category --> Select the one that is appropriate for your column (latitude/longitude)

Once you select your relevant data-type like latitude/longitude, your data-type of column is modified. Like below:

Pragati11_1-1638565837878.png

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.