Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yodha
Helper IV
Helper IV

Change Date Format to MM/DD/YYYY

Hi,

In my data i have Date column which is in MM/DD/YYYY format and data type is TEXT, when i change the data type to DATE the date format is changing to DD/MM/YYYY. My "Locale" settings is "ENGLISH(United States)..

Please help how to get the date format as MM/DD/YYYY and data type as "date". Thanks in advance.

Attached Screenshot for reference. Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yodha ,

If you click on the column under the Fields pane, then click the Modeling tab on the top toolbar, you'll see the data type drop down where you changed the data type to date. Beneath that is the formatting options. About halfway down the formatting options you should find MM/DD/YYYY.solution.png

Hope this helps!

Caleb Foster

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cosminc
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Hi

try 2 steps: first to change the column on Date and after that right click in the column and change DATE LOCALE on what you need

Cosmin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @yodha ,

If you click on the column under the Fields pane, then click the Modeling tab on the top toolbar, you'll see the data type drop down where you changed the data type to date. Beneath that is the formatting options. About halfway down the formatting options you should find MM/DD/YYYY.solution.png

Hope this helps!

Caleb Foster

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.