cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shamsbutt
Helper II
Helper II

Change Data set of Power BI Live (Stream Analytics)

Hi Everyone,

I'm using Power BI pro license and Azure subscription. Scenario is I've to create live reports and Dashboards for my multiple clients by using stream analytics. 

On Azure i have created an event hub and Stream Analytics query and set the out to Power BI, lets say output named as client_1_output(column1, column2, column3).

Now, by using Power BI Desktop data source Power BI Data Set as shown in below image, i can access the data and start the report development. Similarly, i've created another stream analytics output with different name but with same columns and types. Lets say output named as client_2_output(column1, column2, column3).

I want to use same report for my 2nd client. 

Live Data Source.png

What i have tried, change the data source by going to Edit Queries -> Data Source Setting and pick the client 2 data set. but getting error by changing data source. If i revert back to my previous dataset it works fine.

client_1_output

Live Data Source2.png

After changing the data source getting error

Error.png

Error Message
This visual contains one or more filters with deleted columns, type mismatches, or other breaking modeling changes.

Error2.png

And i've double checked there is no data type mismatch.

Please Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Shamsbutt ,

Have the visual been created before you change data source in live connection mode? Please remove all the visuals which have been created previously and create those visuals again after you change the data source. 

In addion, please also make sure power bi desktop has been updated to the latest version.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Shamsbutt ,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Shamsbutt ,

Have the visual been created before you change data source in live connection mode? Please remove all the visuals which have been created previously and create those visuals again after you change the data source. 

In addion, please also make sure power bi desktop has been updated to the latest version.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors