We are currently using the Power BI Services for over a year and we are noticing that our dataset are piling up because we use the SSAS Live connection instead of the Power BI Online connector.
Is there a way to change the connection in Power BI Desktop from SSAS to an Power BI Online connection? The only other option is rebuilding all the reports to the Power BI Online connection, but that would mean rebuilding 50+ reports...
With kind regards,
Here are the steps :
1. Be sure that the Preview feature : “DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Analysis Services” is activated.
Go to File --> Options and settings --> Options --> Preview features
2. Click on “Make changes to this model” (right corner where you see your data connection)
3. A pop up will prompt then Select “Add a local model”
4. Go to Transform Data -- > Data source settings
5. Delete your SSAS source by clicking on “Delete…”
6. A yellow ribbon will appear then Select “Apply changes”
7. Your dataset from SSAS is now all removed. Now you want to establish a connection to your Power BI dataset. Select Get Data --> Power BI dataset. You are now connected Live on your Power BI Dataset.
Hope it helps
@daandamhuis, not sure if you found a solution, but the following method worked for us (assuming the powerbi dataset exists)
it takes about 1 minute, but feel free to tell your manager that you had to recreate the 50 reports.
Hi - I faced this same issue and found a solution this morning.
We also have the same problem. Without the ability to copy content from one report to another, we would have to recreate all our reports (which is way too time consuming to justify doing).
Did you try to change your data source ?
Go to File -> Options and settings -> Data source settings >Right click data sources and change source
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!
Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.