Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AutreSolutionBI
Regular Visitor

Change AAS source database in Power BI composite model ( AAS and SQL server)

Goal: Use Power BI direct query mode to get data from Azure analysis service and Azure sql databse, and be able to change AAS database from dev to QA. 

I have etablished connexion for both source (see image 1) but when I tried to change AAS Database (ex.from DEV to QA  ), I got the error (see image 2) .

1-Change AAS connexion from Power BI Source setting

AutreSolutionBI_0-1635114480950.png

2-error image: 

AutreSolutionBI_1-1635115173179.png
Thanks

If Power BI is connected only with AAS in live mode I cange database without any problem. But it does not work after adding another data source (ex. Azure sql databse in this case).

1 REPLY 1
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AutreSolutionBI ,

According to the error message,the main reason seems to be the wrong active relationship.

Generally speaking, there can only be one active relationship between two tables. If there is more than one relationship, it needs to be set as an inactive relationship. In addition, specific screening directions may also cause errors. For more information, please take a look at the official document:Create and manage relationships in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Solutions provided from a similar thread:

1. turn off bidirectional cross filtering on all your tables.

2. Hide the foreign key in every data table. This way users won't accidentally use is instead of the primary key in the lookup table. 

3. When (and only when) you need a bi directional relationship for what you are doing, turn it on for that single table. 

4. If you ever need 2 that conflict, then use the many to many pattern. Refer to here https://www.powerpivotpro.com/2014/08/filters-can-flow-up-hill-via-formulas-that-is/ and also here http://exceleratorbi.com.au/many-many-relationships-dax-explained/

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.