Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Integro

Chance the Datasource in a dataset

Hi all, 

I have created a report and publish it and it worked well until I changed the IP address of the data source. From the PBI desktop was not a major deal because from Edit Queries button I was able to update the new source using the Advance Editor option, however, once I have published it again I have had issues with the online refresher. Despite the Gateway is properly set up, when I try to update the datasource in a dataset from settings/dataset/gateway connection the old source address is not able to be modified. Instead, it gives me the option to add the old address to the current gateway but with no sucess. 

I have eliminated the report as well as its dataset and I have uploaded it again but seems that it brings the old connection stuck somewhere so the issues remains. 

Do I have to build the report again from scratch? Is there any way I can update the new source of the data from power bi web?

I appreciate the direction. 

Thks.  

2 REPLIES 2
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Integro ,

Can you refresh normally in PBI Desktop?
You try to delete the gateway and reconfigure it.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Integro ,

I do not really understand what you had and what you changed ...

For this reason, I try to describe a process that I use very often to redirect gateway connections to another source.

Everything starts with a pbix called "awesome.pbix" that connects to the IP: 1.2.3.4

Before publishing (at least I try to do this), I establish a gateway connection that I call "A", that uses 1.2.3.4

Now the IP address of the data source changes to 1.2.3.66

Now I create a gateway connection that I call "B", that uses the data source 1.2.3.66

I change the data source inside the pbix (I do not rename the pbix) and publish the pbix once again.

I go to the workspace, to the dataset. From inside "Schedule refresh" I map the dataset to the gateway connection "B".

Hopefully, this provides what you are looking for.

Regards,
Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.