Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paulfink
Post Patron
Post Patron

*Challenge* DAX Formula

Hi Guys,

i have a really tough challenge for you, if you're up for it.

Here we go.

Entitlement formula i have already made:

Entitlement = if('Employee List'[Emp. Dates].[Date]>DATE(2018,01,01),if('Employee List'[Months of Service]<=6,0,if('Employee List'[Months of Service]<=24,5,(4*5))),if('Employee List'[Months of Service]<=6,5,if('Employee List'[Months of Service]<=24,(4*5),(12*5))))

The challenging part is to use this entitlement to determine if a person has gone into negative, which the total duration throughout the year will tell if they have gone over the entitlement, i need to see that negative data.

Now, using the entitlement, if a person has gone over the entitlement it will show in the table which i have done but it shows the overall amount, not the amount taken away by their entitlement.

What i need:
*Show when they have the entitlement (Date when they receive it, after the first 6 months. This will be their start dates + 6 months, i have used DateADD but this does not let me use it in a table)
*Excess - how many that has gone over their entitlement. Entitlement - Duration1 = Excess ( but this will need to be the same per person, if you simply put A - B then it will have different values for each row i need this to be the Entitlement - Overall Duration that will be the same per person.
*Duration1 - i have data for this which shows the duration is time taken and how many instances. This needs to be shown after they get an entitlement.

i have tried for a couple days now with no luck as you can guess.

if you have any questions ill answer them, this is sensitive content so i cannot show my work but can give a dummy sheet and what i am doing if needed.

Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @paulfink ,

Sample data and expected output would help tremendously.
Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Yes, please give a dummy sheet.

Better yet, if you have time, let's do a screen share. This is a complicated issue.

Email me with a good time and date if you want to do that. ken@8thfold.com

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!