Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rsanjuan
Helper IV
Helper IV

Centering Data in a Column

s there a way to center data in a column?  Or wrap text for column headers?

Capture.JPG

Trying to make it look more aesthetically pleasing.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Rsanjuan

Currently, numeric data is set right alignment, and string data is set left alignment by default in Power BI desktop. You can decrease your column with to make it look more aesthetically pleasing.
Untitled.png

Auto-size column width is turn on by default, you need to turn it off so that you can change the column width.
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PavelStaff
Frequent Visitor

PavelStaff_0-1675252996071.pngFirstly, in formatting of visual element you need to choose a column that you want to be centered.

PavelStaff_2-1675253149958.pngSecondly, you center it. 

DavidD
Advocate I
Advocate I

I know this is old but I wanted to update this question. This is currently possible in Power BI:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2017-feature-summary/#alignment

In the table visual, go to Field formatting --> Alignment to choose how you want the data alligned.

Alignment.PNG

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@Rsanjuan

Currently, numeric data is set right alignment, and string data is set left alignment by default in Power BI desktop. You can decrease your column with to make it look more aesthetically pleasing.
Untitled.png

Auto-size column width is turn on by default, you need to turn it off so that you can change the column width.
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

KGrice
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

There's not a way right now, though there are several ideas posted to make this happen. For example: Table Format in Dashboard

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.