Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Category missing

Hello everybody,

I hope you are doing well.

I have a problem with my dashboard. I would like to show net sales per axis but as you can see, there is this "vide" which means "empty" and I don't know why it is showing empty. I have done all the modeling correctly and do not understand why PowerBI does not want to show my last axis.

Capture d’écran 2021-04-14 081626.jpg

Can anyone help me on this?

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The problem has been found.

It's because the mapping that I have made was incorrect!

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it and sorry for the late response!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

The problem has been found.

It's because the mapping that I have made was incorrect!

Thank you all for your help, I appreciate it and sorry for the late response!

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I built a simple sample.

Table1

categoryvalue

a 1
b 2
c 3
d 4

Table2

namecategory

john a
nancy b
james c

Screenshot 2021-04-16 110142.png

If you don't complete the table information, you can change the flow direction. The problem lies in the Cross filter direction.

Please change both to single, you can choose many-to-many, and then choose single direction.

Before

Screenshot 2021-04-16 110649.png

After

Screenshot 2021-04-16 110929.png

Screenshot 2021-04-16 111059.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Anonymous 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your question.

I am not sure how your model looks like, but I assume and I think your legend is from DIM table, and your data is from Fact Table.

If Dim table does not contain all the information that exists in the Fact Table, then it looks like your picture.

- Instead of draging a column from DIM table, try to drag a column from FACT table.

Or, 

- to make it a more proper model, fix the DIM table to contain all information.

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Anonymous
Not applicable

You've understood the question correctly and thank you very much for your answer.

The only problem is that the information is not contained in the FactTable (or partly). I have 2 tables:

- DIM: which contains axis information with subaxis

- FACT: which contains subaxis information

I have linked the 2 tables by creating a bridge between the 2 of them which I called "Sub-Axis_Transfer". It worked before but now.. it does not anymore..

All the information is correct, I have checked. Everything works but 1 category and I do not understand why

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

If it is OK with you, please share your sample pbix file, then I can try to look into it to come up with more relevant suggestions.

thanks.

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.