Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cezmeister
Advocate I
Advocate I

Category labels in bubble chart

Hi there,

I have a bubble chart that has around 30 bubbles on it, each representing a project. Each project has been measured and plotted based on two criteria - profit (on the x axis) and risk (on the y axis).

When I turn on category labels, it displays the profit and risk scores for each bubble. However, I want the label to display the name of the project, which is another field. I want this shown permanently on the graph, rather than only displayed when hovering (which tooltips can do). I can't find a way to do this simply, but is there a method using DAX to override the category label without impacting on what the chart uses for x and y axes values?

Many thanks

Ceri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Cezmeister,

It seems that there is no dax formula for us to override the category label.

Actually, if you drag Project Name to the Details field or legend field, then it will show the lable beside the bubble.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Cezmeister,

It seems that there is no dax formula for us to override the category label.

Actually, if you drag Project Name to the Details field or legend field, then it will show the lable beside the bubble.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherry,

Thanks so much for that! It has worked perfectly.

For anyone else who has the same problem and is reading this - when I originally tried to put my project name field in Details, I had the errror message "remove details to display x and y-axis pairs. Alternatively, you can keep Details and set an aggregate for x- and y-axis." It was because my x and y axes values were set to "don't summarize" and Power BI couldn't work with them. I instead set them to "average" and it worked perfectly.

Many thanks,

Ceri

@CezmeisterThis solved my issue! Thank you so much for posting the follow-up!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.