Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hamachekm
Helper I
Helper I

Categorize Sales people into 3 groups via the User Interface

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to allow the end user who is using a webbrowser to manually select and place sales agents into 3 groupings (Good, Bad, Unknown). 

Sales table has one row for each Sales person. Let's say there are 10 sales people {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10}.

Good Sales People table would be a list of all Sales people. The user interface would have a slicer to pick sales people {2, 4, 6}. 

Bad Sales People would be {3, 5, 7}. Unknown would be {1, 8, 9, 10}. We would want the user to be able to adjust these categories by checking / unchecking from list in the report view. 

In reality, there will be thousands of sales people, but wanted to keep this example simple to see if it is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@hamachekm answer is not, if there is no business logic I don't see how it would be done. Power BI is not a data entry tool or as a matter of fact to do these kinds of things, yes, you can surely rank and bucket/segment them based on some other data points in the models, but not otherwise. I cannot think of anything I could be totally wrong here.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@hamachekm not sure if this is the right place to select from the list of 1000s and then categorize it. Not sure if it is going to be any good experience. and also you cannot retain that selection, it has to be maintained outside power bi.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I know this is a long shot and may not be possible. But maybe this additional detail helps...

There will be a geogrpahic filter. Pick a state or city, and that will narrow down the list. Metrics would help rank the Sales people by default.   

In the end, I see the user wanting to add/drop just a handful of sales people from one list and move to the other. Going through a list of 1000s is not practical - I understand that. 

1. Pick city

2. Total sales people down to 100

3. 30 go to list A; 30 to list B; 30 to list C (based on historical sales)

4. User wants  3 from list B to go to list A. List A is pre-populated then check box next to the 3 Sales people you want to add. 

If it is a Binary list of include/exclude, this is much simpler, but want to see if it's possible to add this customization on front end. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.