Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VinnyH
Frequent Visitor

Categorise by order frequency

Hi,

I'm trying to find a way to categorise customers by frequency of their orders; and then use this to flag when a customer drops off from their usual order pattern.

So: Customers that place orders on each consecutive month, that then do not place an order for 1 month are flagged.

Customers that order on alternating months, that then do not place an order for 2 months are flagged.

Customers that order once per quarter, that then do not place an order for one quarter are flagged.

I have measures that calculate days and months since last sale, and a measure that categorises them into an age bracket since their last sale. I just can't work out how to apply anything that measures the consistency.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
RobbeVL
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

This seems like an interesting calculation.

I would start with calculating a customer treshold. (if consistancy is under this value, the customer will be "flagged")

You could do this by for example calculate the total purchases he did last year, devide it by 365. now you'll know how many purchases your customer did on average per day.

Now you have a value you could compare your actual data with.

I hope this was anything usefull?

Happy to help further.

Robbe

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.