Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

oskardiazdeleon

Case Sensitive GUID

Hi Everyone, 

I am relatively new to Power BI and I am trying to create a relationship between an export from Salesforce.com (CSV) and ExactTarget (CSV). The challege I am running into is that the GUID Salesforce uses is case sensitive and power bi doesnt recognize case sensitive fields.  When I try to connect the two tables I get an error due to distinct values.

Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @oskardiazdeleon, if the records are meaning the same and are duplicates like "Tom" & "tom" is the same then you can use powerquery to import ( PowerQuery is case sensitive ) but you need to transfrom it to Text.Proper() and remove duplicates.

I wrote a post long ago , you can check it if you think it can help you..

https://medium.com/@Konstantinos_Ioannou/power-pivot-dynamic-dimension-tables-from-multiple-tables-b...

Konstantinos Ioannou

Thank you @konstantinos. I appreciate your expeditious response.  Is there a way to enable a case sensitive field in Power BI?

I noticed that Power BI has an integration with Salesforce.com.  If i leverage this feature natively and not through a a CSV ,these challenges are removed.  Is there something unique that the integration does to the exact same data set?

-Oskar

Just add an index field in Power Query when you're importing the data, then use that to join on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.