Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ausisfury
Frequent Visitor

Cascading Visual Filters

Hello, 

I would like to know if we can do cascading filters on Visuals.

Here's  what I am trying to accomplish. I have a infographic designer Visual and two tables that display data and the data is related. By default I want the two tables(Table 1 and Table 2) to not show any data and upon clicking something on infographic visual, I want data in Table 1 to display and upon clicking a row in Table 2, I want data in Table 3 to display.  

I have tried hiding the data in table based on the measure 

Measure1 = if(isfiltered('Table'[column]) * 1 and used that measure in the visual filter for Table 1. So, when I click on infographic visual it is displaying data in Table 1, but when I click on something in Table 1 to filter data for table 2, since the focus is not on infographic visual, Table 1 is blank now. 

I would like to know if there is another way of doing the cascading filters using visuals. This logic works fine if i just have slicers instead of a table or a chart. Measure1 is being reset to 0 when i click on something in Table 1. 

I am using Power Bi desktop for SSRS (October 2017) version. 

Thanks for taking time to read this message.  

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ausisfury,

Currently, we cannot select multiple items in a report for cross-highlighting. Without this feature, I don't think there is an alternative solution to implement Cascading Visual Filters in your scenario. Here is the idea shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.