Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Carried/Brought Forward Tickets - Excluding rows when counting based on a date period

Good morning,

I am fairly new to DAX so I am trying my best not to get confused with all of this 🙂

I am trying to create a Support Desk report which allow the team to see something like this:

2019-09-15 01_23_34-Report Viewer_ _Monthly Service Report - SILVER.png

I managed to create the following matrix using a few fields in the incidents table "Created on, Breached F.R. On, Breach R. On,":

2019-09-15 01_27_33-MSR - Silver V4 - Excep DFE Edition - Power BI Desktop.png

So far, no problems and data looks correct however, I want to add two more columns to the matrix above which are:

• Brought Forward tickets "Active tickets from the month before the last one, brought into last month"
  • Carried Forward tickets "Active tickets in last month carried over into current month"

I used the following measure to calculate Active tickets at the end of each calendar month:

Active_tickets = 
ADDCOLUMNS (
    FILTER (
        CALENDAR ( DATE ( 2000, 1, 1 ), DATE ( 2025, 12, 31 ) ),
        DAY ( [Date] ) = 1
    ),
    "YearMonth", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY-MMMM" ),
    "OpenTicket", CALCULATE ( COUNT ( incidents[incidentid] ))
        - CALCULATE (
            COUNT ( incidents[incidentid] ),
            FILTER ( Incidents, incidents[tiss_resolveddate] < [Date] )
        )
        + CALCULATE (
            COUNT ( incidents[incidentid] ),
               FILTER ( Incidents, ISBLANK( incidents[tiss_resolveddate] ))
        )
)

But I noticed that we have a major issue with our data where most of the historical records in our CRM system has no tiss_resolveddate value populated and the result was:

2019-09-15 01_41_16-MSR - Silver V4 - Excep DFE Edition - Power BI Desktop.png

Thus, I wonder if anyone can help me apply my following Ideas to overcome this issue or present any other idea that I can work with:

1. Force the measure mentioned above to exclude any rows prior to a certain date "say prior to mid of 2017 won't be required".
  2. Amend the measure above to include the "Last_modifedon" date field and the State of the ticket field "Active or not" in order to identify when a ticket is closed rather than using the tiss_resolveddate.

I appreciate that my measure above might be totally wrong and irrelevant to the idea of calculating both Brought Forward tickets and Carried Forward tickets values.

Thanks

Hicham

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Do you have a simple worksheet or preferable dummy pbix?

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Thanks for your feedback on this and I apologise for the late reply.

You will find a pbix file at this link: 

https://tisskilimited-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/hicham_issa_tisski_com/EtQ-maTkv0ZHunjqUh17WW...

I am trying to calculate the quantity of active tickets at the end of each month 30th or 31th depending on the calendar month number.

In an ideal situation a ticket is considered de-activated/closed when a resolution date is populated into the resolution field however, where I work we have a historical data situation where a ticket is never being populated with a resolution date value upon closure.

I tried creating a few dax measures and the best one I managed to create "included in the file" lead me to project the right quantity of all active tickets but only for the current month "Sep19" and not the historical one

2019-09-21 20_07_51-Settings.png

beside my measure above is showing all active tickets on the first day of a month and not the end of the month which is not correct as we might raise new tickets on the very first day of any month I need the dax to populate all active tickets at the end each month:

Active_tickets_modifiedon1 = 
ADDCOLUMNS (
    FILTER (
        CALENDAR ( DATE ( 2000, 1, 1 ), DATE ( 2025, 12, 31 ) ),
        DAY ( [Date] ) = 1
    ),
    "YearMonth", FORMAT ( [Date], "YYYY-MMMM" ),
    "OpenTicket", CALCULATE ( COUNT ( incidents[incidentid] ),
            FILTER ( Incidents, incidents[modified on] < [date] ),
            FILTER(incidents, incidents[status] = "Active")
    )
)

Any help would be much appreciated 🙂

Kind regards

Hicham

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.