Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasDay
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Carriage Return in Text String

Hello fellow Dax'ers,

I read an interesting blog post by Chris Webb on dynamic chart titles.  Nicely done.   It uses a card visual to display a concatenated title from slicer table[variables].  My darn "card" first off, doesn't word wrap...grrr...but beyond that I'd like to insert a carriage return in the text string and then do some formatting--add a tab maybe?.

So how the heck do I put in a carriage return into the string?  How about Tab? (OK, that doesn't really matter...I'll put spaces in for the "tab" but if there were one.

Thanks,

Tom

5 REPLIES 5
MattSwan
Frequent Visitor

alt+enter to add a carriage return, then type in a space in the line between text i.e.

Test = "Before carriage return

After carriage return"
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@ThomasDay

If you're talking about display a carriage return in a Card visual, there seems no way.

You can put in a carriage return by "alt+enter", but it won't display as a new line in visuals. when hover your mouse on the card, you can see the value with carriage returns. This behavior looks by design.

Capture.PNG

Thank you very much.  Would have loved to either have a card actually "word wrap" which is a selection that doesn't seem to make any difference, or be able to put in carriage returns manually.

I appreciate your help!

Tom

Would concatenating UNICODE(10) to the string achieve what you're after?

UNICHAR(10) does the job

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.