Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jcigna
Frequent Visitor

Cards with MAQSoftware Bowtie chart selected do not sum to expected count

Bill Count Bowtie Issue.png

Hi,

I'm encountering an issue that when I select a particular month on the  MAQSoftware bowtie chart, the card and other visuals on the page do not display all of the data. As an example, in the image below I select March from the right side of the bowtie. The right side and the summary show the correct/expected number,454. However, the card only shows 393 which is the sum of Februay and March but not January. This same strange pattern follows if I select the other months on the right side, January is always missing. The strange pattern also holds if I select data from the left side of the bowtie, January is always missing in the count. 

The bowtie chart and card are correct if reset with nothing selected. The strange pattern only happens if selecting different months consecutively on the bowtie chart. It does not happen if slicers are created for each set of months. 

Any advice as to how to ensure that the card has the correct sum when the bowtie chart has selections? 

Thanks,

Jess

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @jcigna 

I think it maybe a measure totals problem, See these post about it
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Measure-Totals-The-Final-Word/m-p/547907

When you select March from the right side of the bowtie, it likes you select a value from [Month] field of "Source" as a slicer.

If not your case, please share your sample pbix file for us have a test, there should be something wrong in other.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Lin, @v-lili6-msft . I will read through the links you posted and try updating/changing my measures. 

This report is public with many users potentially using it in different ways. I want it to work without having to have a multistep process of always using slicers; different users will likely approach it and use it in different ways. A version of the report without the bowtie is publicly available now here (I want the bowtie to go where the barchart is now). Here is the main landing page for a few of our data exploration tools. 

hi  @jcigna 

There is no Cards with MAQSoftware Bowtie chart in this web report, if you still have the problem, please share your sample pbix file for us have a test.

You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jcigna
Frequent Visitor

Actually, that should not be just "January" it's always the top month missing from the opposite side of which ever side is selected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.