Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cardinality you selected isn't valid

Hi,

I am not able to publish my report, so I found out the cause and came to know that in my preview feature composite model is checked. I tried unchecking it, but it won't let me open power bi report. From power bi community I learned, if there is many to many relationship active, we cannot publish a report.

Now, problem is I have a coulmn named Admission_date and Date. Admission_date can be repeatitive, as multiple people can get admission in a day. But, my Date column has non-repeative date as it is a DAX query generated calendar date column. I am not able to create many to one relationship. It says "cardinality you selected isn't valid for this relationship".

Is it due to null values in admission_date column? Should I put null in Date column too, if yes how can I do it, as date column is system generated.

Any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, what I did is- deleted the table which I was able to create because my composite model was checked. But, since unchecking composite model feature will not let me open my power bi desktop. So I deleted the table in power bi and created and pulled from SQL Server. So I was able to create one to many relationship and publish my report.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

Firstly, you should unclicked the option composite model. 

In additon, by my tests, I created a date column incluing null value and repeat values, created a date table with calendar function .

I also could create the Many to one relationship between the tables.

relationship.png

Please check your data model and if you still need help, please share your data model so that we could help further on it?

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cherry, Thank you so much for your reply. 

I am using Directquery, so I am not able to create DAX query table for calendar date, if composite model is unchecked. My funded_date column has no null but repeatitive values. Please suggest how to solve this problem! Capture.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, what I did is- deleted the table which I was able to create because my composite model was checked. But, since unchecking composite model feature will not let me open my power bi desktop. So I deleted the table in power bi and created and pulled from SQL Server. So I was able to create one to many relationship and publish my report.

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that you have solved your problem. Please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.