Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Card with percentage using any filter

Hi!

I think I'm having dificulty to solve a simple problem, but I'd like to show percentage of total in a card.

In picture 1, If I click in any section (red frame), my card should change the percentage as well.

filter 1.png

In picture 2, If I click in any section or more than one at the same time (red frame), my card should also change the percentage.

filter 2.png

I'm not using any measure (I didn't know how to solve this issue whithout filtering the section itself in the measure), I'm just using the same field that was used in that ribbonChart, but count that field and showing as percentage on the card.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , 

Create a measure that uses ALL() as in my picture.  Create another measure that SUM(your column) then use DIVIDE to get your percentage.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

percentage.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , 

Create a measure that uses ALL() as in my picture.  Create another measure that SUM(your column) then use DIVIDE to get your percentage.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel

percentage.PNG

@Anonymous ,

I learned this technique from @MattAllington , in his book Supercharge Power BI, which I highly recommend! AMAZON

Nathaniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! It worked, thanks for the tips.

Is there any way easier? Or should I do this everytime in every dashboard?

Hi @Anonymous ,

It may just be a bug in the POWER(), maybe see if you have the same issue if you write it out as multiplication.  My background is software development, and I know that sometimes we were so focused on the outcome, that we didn't widen our vision.  Good QA comes in handy then! BTW, I almost always use the DIVIDE() as it is the safe divide.

Thank you,

Nathaniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.